Monday, September 25, 2006

I wonder what they really think. . . . . .

While on campus today I passed by a group of Mennonites. At Georgia Southern we have a lot of people who come on campus and pass out pamphlets and such to students as they pass by. The Mennonites do this but they also have a group that sings. I never really stop and listen to them but what I do hear sounds very pretty. I do love gospel music, though I do imagine they sing different hymns than I am used to.

What really got me wondering is what they really think of the people around them. The Mennonite women dress so conservative, always long dresses with the little white caps on their heads. While the men are in button down shirts and pants. What can they possibly be thinking when they come on college campuses full of girls who believe shorts should show a little cheek and guys who tend to wear pant 4 sizes to large for them? And even the more conservative dressed students what goes through those men and women's mind when they see a woman in a pair of pants.

Now, I do not believe they are cursing us but do they say a little prayer? When I see a Mennonite I think of men and women who are very devote and loyal in their faith. They sacrifice some of the more pleasurable things in life for their beliefs, ex. women wearing pants (I personally don't think I could wear a dress/skirt everyday).

What do they rearlly think?

No comments: